BY THE ENTREPRENEUR
graduate engineer in mechanical engineering
Modus One is an engineering company, which develops own objectives for innovative concepts, products and production facilities. Diversified manufacturing experience of Jörg Rauschenberger is the basis. In the year 1979 he took over the core company for toolmaking and sheet metal parts, which was founded in 1924. Additionally he established various companies in Baden-Wuerttemberg and Thuringia, which created innovative technical facilities and process technologies to the stage of production readiness.
After successful implementation of production most divisions were sold, either after joint ventures with international groups or as a management buyout, to be able to focus on the next innovation. Following the financial crisis in 2010 the supply division was abandoned after falling into insolvency.
Since then in new structures a concentration took place on production and sales of own products by Rauschenberger Innovations GmbH - www.clax.de - and engineering as field of activity within Modus One GmbH.
Market leader for joints in garden lounges and ladders
more than 100 million pieces produced
Sheet metal supply parts for heating radiators,
household appliances, and automotive
Development and setup of the first fully automatic Service-center in the steel industry for slit strips, two-shift operation, 40,000 t/p.a.
Research project for laser welding, then prototype for 3-D laser cutting, as one of the first job shops
Expansion with a sophisticated
5-axis laser cutting unit
Development and setup of worldwide first fully
automatic anufacturing plant with laser welding
for tube heating radiators DELTA
Development and start of production foldable Clax trolley
Starting CNC-processing for large engine parts
Installing advanced laser line 2 for heating radiators, fully flexible until batch size 1 for thousands of variations, 3 shift production
Inhouse standardization for metal
press tools within own toolmaking shop
Honoring message from the DELTA-team:
Development, setup and operating innovative metal presses up to 20.000 kN press force, including fine blanking and cold forging, fitting to the inhouse tool standards
Founding Modus One
- Development and engineering of products for household, industry and buildings
- Development, engineering and patenting of a flexible modular system for servo-presses with extremely high scalability
• setup and operating own companies for sheet metal supply parts and own products
• joint ventures with international groups
• developing innovative products and manufacturing processes including laser processing
• long-standing collaboration with universities and R&D-institutions
• chairman industry committee within Chamber of Industry and Commerce (IHK) Stuttgart 2006 - 2010
• member committee of medium-sized enterprises within DIHK Berlin 2008 - 2010
• associated member Innovation Council Government Baden-Wuerttemberg 2008 - 2010